Friday, October 17, 2008

Smiling


I have a smile on my face, and gratefulness in my heart for answered prayer! Hannah moved away from FL - just what we prayed for! We had rain most of the day, but not much wind, as the storm was a little over 100 miles of us. I’m now praying for the people who may be in Hannah’s path, my daughter lives in SC, and we are praying it doesn't cause any damage there. I'm also praying about the next hurricane, Ike, which is predicted to miss FL, but could change directions! I wish I could have a big smile sewed in place like this little dolly, so I could smile through any situation, good and bad.

I enjoyed watching the GOP Convention. I really enjoyed all the speeches. I had a lot of smiles as I listened to Huckabee, Palin, Thompson, and of course John McCain. I also had tears, hearing details of his imprisonment and suffering. I will vote for McCain because of his integrity, he is a man of substance! Our children and grandchildren need a hero, a politician hero. John McCain is truly a hero, no one can deny that.

I used to be a registered Democrat, but changed years ago when the party's values and morals declined and they became so liberal. As a Christian I cannot vote for anyone who is for abortion. Because of the sixth commandment of the Ten Commandments (Exodus 20:13) I know the Lord forgives those who ask for forgiveness for sins, but I cannot be a part of anything that allows women to make this mistake. I know women who have had abortions and I have seen the guilt and pain they have suffered. They are close friends and I have prayed with them and walked with them through this.

I can’t smile about the way the media is so biased. I will never watch CNN again. They speak so negative and disrespectful of all Republicans. I wish we could go back to the old times when the media, and everybody, had respect for our president, our leaders, and our country. The media was respectful of presidents like F. Roosevelt, and Kennedy when they knew what was going on with them, they even protected them. I don't condone what they did, I just like the way our leaders were respected. I don’t like what has happened in our country. I’m praying for a change, yes, a change for those who are so blinded to what our Lord desires - to have their eyes opened, and their hearts changed to love and follow Him.

Katherine

No comments: